Friday 1 March 2013

Dry Skin Saviours

For today's post, my lovely interweb friends, I thought I'd share some of skin saviours for the winter - apparently there's gonna be more snow this week (joy of joys) and follow a request from one of sister's friends, here you have it - my dry skin saviours! Now, my skin is actually combination - oily on my chin, forehead and around my T-Zone, whereas my cheeks are dry; although a couple of weeks ago one part of my forehead got really dry. So here's what I use to try and save my skin from the brink:



Lush Skindrink

I use this moisturiser on my cheeks, as it is quite heavy and can leave oily skin feeling quite greasy, but as long as you don't apply too much this will leave your skin feeling really hydrated (warning: it does smell like raw potato...)

The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream 

I use this moisturiser on my forehead and chin, and it feels really fresh on my skin - light and easy to apply, it's also a great size to take around with you in your handbag or on flights.


Lipbalm

Lipbalm is a must for me - either Vaseline, or Carmex, or Blistex - chose your lipbalm of choice and don't lose it! (which I always do!)


Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask

This is one of my holy-grail products - I apply it around my eyes which can get super dry just before I go to bed and in the morning they feel super moisturised!


Cleanse, tone and moisturise

This skincare routine is so important to keep your skin in tip-top condition, and I know it's effort but no pain, no gain! Use whatever you can get your hands on and it doesn't have to be expensive - Simple is one of the best skincare brands around and their products cost around £4-£5. 


Face masks

Face masks can sometimes really save your skin - go into your local Lush and ask the shop assistants, who are always really helpful in finding what you're looking for, and what will suit your skin type. 


Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx