Friday 12 April 2013

Curly Cutie's Best of London #2

This 'Best of London' post is about the best musical - I love a good musical and London has loads to choose from, so this was not an easy choice. Out of Blood Brothers, Billy Elliot, Shrek, Ghost, Oliver, The Wizard of Oz and Wicked, I choose.....

Wicked!

I've seen it twice, and each time as been as amazing - although I did prefer Lee Mead as Fiyero. 

Long before Dorothy flew in, two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. Elphaba, born with green skin, is smart, strong-willed and misunderstood. Meanwhile, her college roommate Glinda is beautiful, ambitious and loved by all. However, this Oz is not so pleasant. The Wizard's secret police are everywhere harassing Oz's citizens - especially the animals (which have been threatened with exile). Elphaba, green and misunderstood, is determined to protect the Animals -- even if it means fighting against the imposing Wizard and risking her one chance at romance. In the end, out of guilt and sorrow, she turns into the now infamous "wicked" witch.

Check this musical out if you can, it's unlike anything I've seen and I LOVE IT!

Also, if you love London (like me!) and fancy seeing my other London-based posts, check them out here, here, here and here

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx