Tuesday 25 June 2013

NYC Day 1

Well hello there, lovely readers, today I wanted to post about my trip to New York City - I just got back this morning after the best three days EVER, so I wanted to share my photos and tips with you!




We stayed at the 6 Columbus Hotel (find here) on West 58th Street, right near Central Park - the location was great, and just right for us. The room was quite small and the wifi wasn't free (damn you data roaming) so if you're staying for longer than a few nights I wouldn't recommend it; however if you're visiting all the major sights and need a place to stay but you won't be there that much, I'd stay at 6 Columbus. By chance (I hadn't checked) it was just opposite a subway station, and although we only used the subway a few times that was useful too. 

Also near our hotel was the Time Warner Centre, which has loads of shops, from Sephora (my weakness, USA haul coming soon!) to H&M to Whole Foods (best food ever!) - if you have an hour or so spare definitely make the trip to find it. 

Having arrived at our hotel late on Thursday night, we were ready to go early on Friday morning. We had booked a 'Bike & Roll' Cycle Tour around Central Park (find here) - I always think guided tours/audioguides etc are the best way to truly experience somewhere, and this was one of the highlights for me. We got to see most of the park and learnt lots about it, in a small group with an excellent tour guide.

Next we headed to Grand Central Terminal, which I only really wanted to see briefly, then we hopped off to Top of the Rock (find here) which is the name of the observation deck at the top of Rockefeller Centre. I don't really think it matters whether you do this, or go up the Empire State Building, however I think at the latter there's a key to show you which building is which, something that would have been useful at the Top of the Rock. 

That evening we headed to the MoMA, the Museum of Modern Art, which was super interesting and not all modern, with one of the floors holding pieces from Van Gogh and Picasso. For dinner, we ate at the Modern, which is right next to the MoMA and totally amazing - we had the prix fixe menu, and ended up having around ten courses of amazing food. I highly recommended you splurge for a meal there.



NYC Days 2 and 3 are coming up this Friday and next Friday!

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx