Tuesday 22 January 2013

What's on my face? #1

The title seems like something you'd say after eating something messy and people start laughing, however I went to a family friend's house for dinner at the weekend and I managed to get a nice photo of me so I thought I'd share what I used!

The finished look!

The products I used: Topshop Glaze in 'Laid Back', Benefit 'Bad Gal Lash' mascara (review here), MUA Eyeshadow Palette in 'Undressed', Mac Eyeshadows in 'Carbon' (top eyeshadow in the photo) and 'Mulch' (bottom eyeshadow in the photo)

Swatches of 'Carbon' (bottom of the photo) and 'Mulch (top of the photo)
I did also swatch the colour I used from the MUA for my base, the one in the top left hand corner of the palette, however it is very similar to my skintone!

Firstly, the day I did this look my skin was looking particularly good (for once!) so I didn't use any foundation or concealer and instead went for very minimalist make-up instead. I used the lighest shade in the MUA palette as a base, sweeping it all over my eyelids with my Mac 217 brush, then doing my eyeliner applying 'Carbon' with my Mac 212 brush on both my upper and lower lashline. I then used 'Mulch' and my all-over eyelid colour, and finished the look off with a slick of my favourite Topshop Glaze, 'Laid Back.'

I hope you enjoyed this post, as I am hoping to do more in the future!

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx