Tuesday 7 May 2013

It's the R word - revision....

Dun, dun, dun! Now I know for some lucky people reading this that your time of doing exams has passed - unfortunately, for the unlucky ones, exams are almost upon us (mine start on the 13th, eeek!) Today I just wanted to give you some tips for revision, which I hope are helpful to some of you!
N.B. This post is going to be aimed mainly at UK GCSE students (at the end of year 11), as I have only been in the British education system and am currently doing my GCSEs, so sorry people from anyone else/older, but read on - there are some universal tips!

1) Do not listen to other people's progress.

When you go back to school after the Easter holidays (in the UK, that is) then you will have about 3-4 weeks before your exams start - most people will seriously underplay/overplay the revision they've done over the Easter break. Do not freak out if you think you are really behind everyone else in terms of revision - almost no-one will have done the amount they say they have. If you keep on course and stick to your plan, then you're certain to do well.

2) Make a revision timetable for the Easter holidays and STICK TO IT.

Make a timetable - this motivated me to do what I'm supposed to be doing (not blogging, ahem) but make it individual to you. If you can only suffer 45 minutes - 1 hour of a subject before you get bored, then make sure you do that amount of time on one thing, take a break and then do something different. I like to do one subject in the morning, and one in the afternoon - but that might be your idea of hell.

3) Plan your revision carefully

In my opinion, there is no point learning everything about all your subjects if some of your exams are 8 weeks away - prioritise the exams you have first.

4) Give yourself some days off

In the Easter holidays, I spent some time with friends, did some work experience, saw my grandparents - even if you just get out of the house for one day a week for your break, then you'll be more motivated the other days as you've had that break - and you'll have an incentive in the lead up to it. 

5) Don't stress

This one if something I need to try and do more! If you study hard and learn what you have to learn, then there is nothing more you can do and therefore there is no point stressing about it. So make sure you learn it, and then you'll do great!

Good luck! 

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx

Twitter / Tumblr / Instagram / YouTube

P.S. Don't forget I'm having a blog sale!