Tuesday 31 July 2012

Review: June Glossybox!

Merhaba, my blog readers! (That's Turkish for hello, in case you were wondering, and I've just got back from a week in Turkey!) I hope you all been enjoying the week of sunshine and now that the normal British summer weather has returned we can all stay inside and enjoy the Olympics! I myself love watching swimming and gymnastics for many reasons.... anyway back to the beauty! When I got back I had a lovely package waiting for me in the form of my July Glossybox, so today I'm going to review the June Glossybox products and reveal the July ones!

 Clean Start by Dermalogica Day/Night 3-step mini kit 
The cleanser, toner and mosituriser in this kit were really soothing, with the moisturiser leaving my skin very soft, however I didn't really like how the toner foamed, so I think I'll stick to my own products for this routine.

Yves Rocher France Mini Mascara ultra-volume Sexy Pulp


This mascara was really effective at reaching my outer top lashes and gave my lashes really great volume overall, but due to the mini size of this mascara the brush was a bit fiddly to use.


Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Collective Foundation Cream Stick (sample)  

I used the lightest shade of this foundation stick sample as a concealer due to its small size, and it gave me really great coverage, but I much prefer my liquid Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer for its texture, and this product dried out very quickly. 


BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer  


I have a hate-hate relationship with bronzer due to my pale skin, but I gave this one a go anyway. It went everywhere when I tried to use it and was completely the wrong shade for my skin type, but I was also put off due to it being a bronzer - they're just not for me.


Serie Exclusive Pro Beauty Brush


This brush didn't feel that nice against my skin, like a very synthetic-feeling fibre, and it didn't really give the right amount of product coverage I wanted - I think I'll stick with my Mac brushes!


And for my July Glossybox.... 
*drumroll please* 


The products are:
Bex London Londoner Urban Fragrance
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist
Monu Eye Cool Gel
Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Frosting (nice name!)
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse 
Bonus product: Elizabeth Arden's Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating sample (with serum, cream and cleanser)


I am VERY, VERY excited about this month's products, especially the moisture mist and the Elizabeth Arden sample!


Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx