Sunday 16 September 2012

The day I went to the Paralympics! :D

Like the rest of the nation, I was gripped by Olympic FEVER and after it finished I felt...grief. Definite grief. I'm not even sporty and after 2 minutes of watching dressage I was shouting things such as "That deserved more points, come on!"

Yeah. That's a thing that happened.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to visit the Paralympics on 7th September, one of the last days of the whole Games which was very exciting! I had a day pass, which meant I could see any rugby, basketball or tennis (I think?!) and so me and my group of friends watched wheelchair rugby, GB vs. Japan - the whole park had an amazing atmosphere and for me, really summed up what being British is about. After watching the match (for which we'd waited two hours in thirty degree heat to get some AMAZING seats as with day pass tickets you just RUN to the best seats available) we headed to the British Airways Park Live screens to watch the end of the wheelchair tennis where GB won a bronze medal. I seriously couldn't have wished for a better day and am so glad that when I'm ancient, like forty (haha!) I'll be able to tell my kids that I, Emily, visited the London 2012 Paralympics Games! Below are some pics for you to enjoy...

This sums up my amazing day :) 
My Team GB nails, done by my sister 
This was the queue behind us of day pass ticket holders to get into the GB vs. Japan wheelchair rugby match!
Face paint!
The amazing seats we managed to score (ahem) from running a la Usain Bolt. You can just see the woman in the red wig - she was with a group of around 30 people in the rows infront of us, all of whom had come to support Kylie Grimes, who was a player on the GB team, and the only woman in the entire match (it was mixed wheelchair rugby.) It felt so special and made the Paralympics feel so real to have an Paralympian's family and friends right in front of us. 
This is my friend, Fiona.
The Olympic Stadium!
I may or may not have spent a long time taking photos of the girlies (Fiona, Izzy, Millie and Alice) doing the MoBot and the Lighting Bolt...
Thank you very much for reading, see your lovely faces soon!

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx