Tuesday 4 June 2013

How to Style Prints

Why hello there! Today's blog post is going to be a little different to my normal ones, however I want to do more OotD and style posts during the summer. I feel like I'm happier with my body, my clothes and I think my style has evolved into a really good place at the moment; so I want to share that with you guys!

Now, without knowing it, I've recently purchased a few printed items: a pair of monochrome trousers, a denim spotty shirt and a blue and white pair of jeans, all from Topshop:


Now, at first the black and white trousers are not the easiest thing to style, however monochrome has been making a comeback and I find the best thing to style with these trousers is what I'm wearing above: a cream blouse and a black blazer. They also look good with nude or tan accessorises, but I try and make sure these trousers are the staple of the oufit to avoid looking a bit crazy with multiple prints.

The blue and white jeans are really soft and comfortable, and they're super easy to style - anything white or blue on top! You can mix in a bit of black if you want, for example I've seen Emma Roberts wearing these jeans with a plain black tee, which looked really casual and chic. I know the Topshop scallop-edged vests would look great with this, or if you wanted to clash prints you could team it with either of the spotty shirts (and the lighter one's denim, so you'd be nailing two trends in one: double denim and print clash - only for the brave...)

The light blue spotty shirt works well with my burgundy Topshop jeans, either as it is or with a black and white tee thrown underneath. I also think it'd be good teamed with a black skater skirt, and I've actually worn that combination with a black and white crop top underneath - miraculously it was (in my opinion) all kinds of right.

What do you think of prints - yay or nay?

Love, peace and chocolate,

Curly Cutie xxx